REQUIREMENTS FOR VISA APPLICANTS
It is the responsibility of the applicant to verify the VISA particulars before submitting his/her documents. Applicants are advised to submit their completed applications well in advance of the proposed date of departure. VISAS are valid ONLY from the date of issue and stated period. Applicants may be requested to submit additional supporting documentation.
1. Each applicant is required to apply and submit his or her own application to avoid delays in case further information is required and the applicant has to be interviewed.
2. Only original invitation letters should be attached onto the applications.
3. Applications with photocopied faxed invitation letters shall not be accepted unless they are for official delegations.
4. One passport size photograph, taken not more than six months before the time of application, should be attached.
5. Applicants seeking tourist visas are also required to submit the following:
- A bank statement
- A copy of a return air ticket and hotel booking
6. Applicants intending to travel for family reunion are required to present the following in addition to (1-4) above.
- Proof of marriage ( i.e. Marriage certificates for spouses)
- Birth Certificates for children 0-18 years.
7. Applicants intending to travel on business/investment ventures are required to provide documents indicating:
- Company portfolio
- Nature of Business (es) the company is involved in.
- A project proposal for the area(s) of investment the applicant is interested in, amount to be invested, etc.
- A letter from the employer indicating the position of the company inviting the applicant.
- A letter from the company inviting the applicant.
- If traveling for a conference/ meeting, an invitation from the organizers is required.
- Multiple entry super express visas (3 months)—RMB 1500, issued next day and are reserved for government delegations and business executives.
- Single entry super express visas—RMB 1,000, issued next day to ordinary passport holders provided all requirements are met and applications are received as in (8a) above.
- Ordinary multiple entry visas (3 months) — RMB. 1,000 issued after 5 working days.
- Express entry visas — RMB 700, issued after 3 working days.
- Ordinary entry visas — RMB 500, issued after 5 working days.
Note: APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE RECEIVED BEFORE 12:45 P.M. MONDAYS TO FRIDAYS.
Countries exempted from visas are:
ANGOLA, ANTIGUA, BAHAMAS, BARBADOS, BELIZE, COMOROS, CYPRUS, ERITREA, FIJI, GAMBIA, GRENADA, ITALY, JAMAICA, KENYA, LESOTHO, MADAGASCAR, MALAWI, MALTA, MAURITIUS, RWANDA, SIERRA LEONE, SINGAPORE, SOLOMON ISLANDS, ST. VINCENT & THE GRENADINES, SWAZILAND, SEYCHELLES, TANZANIA, TONGA, VANUATU, ZAMBIA, ZIMBABWE
The Consulate will remain closed on the following days:
|January||01||New Years Day||International|
|January||26||NRM Liberation Day||Uganda|
|April||04||Tomb Sweeping Day||China|
|June||08||Dragon Boat Day||China|